Monday, November 3, 2008

Buttonhole At the Base

I have the wizard's base half stitched now. I ran out of steam last night after almost two hours of using buttonhole stitch around the base to attach it to the back of the standup figure. I'll attempt to get the bulk of the hand sewing done tonight. I am using buttonhole stitch using sewing thread and putting each stitch very close together in the hopes this will wear well. After all, the rocks in the base will put a lot of pressure on the seam.

This is taking longer than I thought but then my schedule is sometimes unpredictable and I can't always count on as much stitching time as I'd like. Know the feeling? :)

To keep you entertained, how about I tell you about my next two projects, my new painted canvas and what I plan to stitch for the ANG Auction in Milwaukee next September?

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

No comments: