Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ch'ing Under Mats



Yesterday I picked up a standard double mat at the crafts emporium and fixed Ch'ing up for his trip to Leigh Designs.  Isn't he handsome?  The background shimmer you see is from a piece of gold lame fabric placed behind him.  I hope you can see how magnificent he is for such a little dragon (only 4 inches in diameter).  He will be mailed off next week, assuming I can find a good shipping box today or Monday.  By the way, his outer mat is dark navy.  I turned it turquoise by adjusting the shine from the gold lame so you could see the design well.)

Didn't finish my Cape Cod Dogs border last night (rats).  I took time to start wrapping the pet guardian angels in tissue paper and putting pairs of them into plastic bags, just in case there is water present on their journey to the ANG Auction.  By the time I sat down in the comfy chair, I was too tired to get a lot of stitching done.  I do want to finish it before working some more on the barkcloth look of the South Seas Fiji ornament, however.  

Wish me luck! 

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

7 comments:

ChitownStitcher said...

Why are you sending Ch'ing to Leigh Designs?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I guess you missed that part. I'm doing a stitch guide for Leigh for Ch'ing and perhaps other things. So Ch'ing is promoting that and hopefully charming all comers at the trade shows.

Besides, I've had my fun--it's time to share!

NCPat said...

It looks great! I am sure she will be thrilled! Now put your feet up, sip some iced tea, and enjoy!

Margaret said...

This inquiry doesn't belong here I know, but there is an Anne Jerlow on e-bay for $1.04. What's up with that? Isn't she a collector's item?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Margaret, there are 2 1/2 days to go on the auction and the price is likely to go higher. One doesn't know until the very end. I've seen items I bid perhaps $20 on 10 minutes before the end sell for $200 or more.

Or maybe someone is about to get lucky.

You never know. I've purchased some really lovely things on eBay for very little money. Very often things go for less money during holidays when folks are too busy to keep up with an auction.

You really never know. I'm keeping a careful eye on this myself and I bet there are other folks watching this sale and waiting. After all, only a fool bids up an auction this far in advance of the closing!

ChitownStitcher said...

Jane, I definitely missed the part about you doing the stitch guide. That is very cool. You choosing stitches, so I hope that she has you do many more. Congratulations

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Nancy! It'll be fun.