Thursday, October 29, 2009

Presenting Brenda Stofft's Rabbit Geisha




Yes, the Rabbit Geisha is done!  I finished couching the squiggles that decorate her over tunic last night.  They are some of the pretty navy Snow couched down with one ply of the navy Splendor silk I've been using on this project.

My scanner bed isn't large enough to take a good close up of everything at once.  Sorry.  If the sun comes out this week I'll take a photograph of the whole thing with my digital camera for you, but I thought close ups of half of the Rabbit Geisha were better than nothing.  So here are the two halves, with overlap but at least you can see how she turned out.





She will stay on her stretcher bars for 2-3 months as I need to wait until the finisher's Christmas rush is over before she travels to be made into a tote bag applique.  I hope to have something fabulous to show you in early 2010.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow


17 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Jane,

You have done a fantastic job with your rabbit geisha. She looks absolutely superb :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Donna said...

Brava! She's lovely.

NCPat said...

Congratulations! this is lovely!

CraftyGryphon said...

Wow, just spectacular! It's been a great deal of fun to watch you work on her.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Many thanks to everyone for the nice compliments on how the Rabbit Geisha turned out. I think once the finisher is done she will be spectacular.

And special thanks to Brenda Stofft for created such a beauty and to Someone Special who gave me this canvas. You know who you are....

Margaret said...

Congratulations, Jane! She turned out lovely.

Anonymous said...

I have truly enjoyed watching you think through and stitch this canvas. Every day I learn something from your blog. Thanks for letting us peek into your stitching world. Rabbit Geisha is spectacular! I can't wait for the Cameo to begin.

ChitownStitcher said...

Great job Jane - you are a terrific teacher and stitcher. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Coni said...

Lovely! Just so lovely!

I couldn't agree more that it was really a great deal of fun to watch her transformation! Thank you for sharing it!

Margaret said...

This Margaret also says "great job" on a lovely piece. Be Proud.

Beth in IL said...

She is very pretty. Raising a cup of coffee in honor of your finish.

marianne said...

Gorgeous, she really is gorgeous. There is a wealth of wonderful stitching here. Well Done!

Suestich said...

Absolutely Stunning

Great stitching and stitch choices

Sue VanderNoor

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you, Sue. I'm still trying to get a good photo outside with my camera so I have a photo of the entire piece, not half.

Front Range Stitcher said...

The Geisha is fabulous, very, very nice job. Can't wait to see it finished!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I'll send the Rabbit Geisha off in January to the finisher, who currently is about to collapse from Xmas finishing. Once she recovers, then Rabbit Geisha will become a tote bag, suitable for the most fabulous stitchers in the world.

Brenda Stofft said...

Jane - It's gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!