Saturday, March 13, 2010

Making It Up As We Go Along





I'd like to point out that I'm no expert in stitching time machines, painted canvases, charts, or anything else you might want to interpret in thread on NP canvas.

I make it up as I go along.  Who knows if I can make the Tardis door open or not?  I don't!

For me, the adventure of trying something, failing, trying something else, succeeding, keeping going until a piece is finished--that's the charm of needlework to me.  Of course we all stitch for various reasons at various times.

But me, I don't explore the Amazon, I don't walk on the moon, I don't do medical research....  I needlepoint.

I'm glad you find it as fascinating as I do.




Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

Robin said...

See one, Do one, Teach one... that's been my motto. I do believe the 3-D Door will work; having a Plan B (just in case) is my second motto. Looks like you've got things covered. This is a wonderful project to study.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Good for you, Robin. I think the door will work, too, but we'll see. If not, I'll stitch the empty spot on the main canvas as the right side of the doors. No problem-O!

LOL

Sara Leigh said...

I'm a big proponent of making it up as one goes along. Of course, that opens the door for others to shake their heads sadly when I do something in a nontraditional way. That's their problem.

I'm learning a lot about needlepoint, though I don't do painted canvas much at all. Thanks for writing your blog.

NCPat said...

I am thinking it will definately open and you are doing just great with it!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

SL, glad you are enjoying learning more about painted canvases even though you are mostly about counted thread. I think both types of needlework can really learn from each other.