Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stars: Filling out Deborah Kerr


Last night I worked on filling out the squares and triangles that fill Deborah's corners.  This block continues to be very jewel-like. It's one of my favorites so far, but like the previous square, it has been rather hard for me to get right.  I jumped around a lot and stitched various areas before Tony said to, trying to get things done in the correct count.

I need to finish the tie down stitches in the corner squares and I also have to do more top-stitching over areas where various blocks meet, but the square is almost done.  Once those finishing touches are done, I'll start working on the sashing underneath and to the right of the block.  Remember, I've decided to not do the outside borders until all the blocks are finished so that I won't damage them when stitching the blocks inside the triple borders.  That means the black area to the left of the block won't be stitched until the very end.

In other news, The Needle Works has posted their October newsletter on their website.  Here's the direct link.  They have lots of Raymond Crawford canvases to show from a trunk show, have some lovely finishing to show off, and have posted about the new St. Charles trade show purchases which are showing up in the shop now.
http://theneedleworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/201010newsletter.pdf

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane

Stars is looking wonderful. Great job and your colors are great. Thanks for sharing

Sue VanderNoor