Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Better Beaded Bra (and More)


Here's a better photo of the finished beaded bra. I finally realized that doing a scan after dark would give better results. Duh.  (Sorry, my brain has been turned to mush by all this snow.)  Looks like we are not going to get another foot of snow, however.  The weatherman is still saying 8-10 inches but so far we have about three.  It is coming down harder, though and we are to have high winds so I probably will not shovel much today.  It'll just blow right back.


Instead, I'll work on adding t-stitches to the tap pants background.  I have all the leaping deer finished!  Hurrah for me!  Can you tell any difference between the all Medici deer on the bra's background and the mix of Medici and Burmilana deer on the tap pants' background? In person I can sort of see differences, but that is because I know there is one.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope. Can't see any differences that I would not attribute to the scanner, rather than the stitching. I was one who thought at first that the background was a bit overwhelming, but now the beads are done - it suits it. Well Done Jane.
Glenis
(Going back to her stitching, and also getting a lot done at the moment, even without your 6-foot of snow! :-)

Donna said...

What I want to know is where the idea came from for the leaping deer to begin with? I love it. But if I had been stitching this, I don't think that would have ever entered my head.

Anonymous said...

Jane, you can't tell the difference in the deer. the bra really pops now with all the beading done. I love the set, it truly is fun.
Sheena

Anonymous said...

Okay, is this a test? I can't tell the difference in color but the bottom row of the deer have feet going in a different direction. All the other deer, those not in the bottom row, have feet the go off the leg due east and the bottom row has feet that go off the leg to the southeast.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pamela, you are right. The real problem is that I'm running out of thread and some deer are stitched with another brand (I wanted to see if anyone could tell the thread color differences) but I missed that the deer legs were wrong in places. I'm mildly dyslexic and I just don't see these as errors. All the legs look fine to me until some one points it out, so I was glad to find out the error so I could fix it.