Helen is creating a red rose using bullion stitches for padding and to create the curve of an opening bud. The trick is to use DMC's rayon thread to create the bullions.
I don't mind doing bullion stitches but I loathe rayon threads. Still, this looks pretty durn good....
I never would have thought to try rayon threads for bullions. Or covered padding with what appears to be blanket stitch to make the petals. Very creative, Helen!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 25, 2015 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash