Meg saw these three vintage needlepoint pieces at the Ringling Brothers Circus owners' home, Ca’ d’Zan, located in Sarasota, Florida. There is a huge six panel screen, a pair of matching upholstered chairs and a card table. The chair behind the card table may or may not be needlepoint. I cannot tell. Use the side arrows to see everything.
UPDATE: By coincidence, this morning a friend sent me this very well written explanation of why the author rescued a piece of needlework and what it means to do so.
Time to hit the thrift shops to rescue the lost!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright February 2, 2017 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash