- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash
Friday, November 5, 2010
Let's talk bullions first. Once you read what Kathy Fenchel says about bullion knots I think they will be less intimidating.
I've mentioned before Gay Ann Roger has a four part technique series on making beautiful bullions on her website. Start reading the tips here.
A great many folks recommend the lasso technique to attach scattered beads on your NP canvas. Needlepoint Now has a great diagram on their website that shows just how to do it.
If you are packing an area full of beads, try the beaded brick stitch which Robin King explains brilliantly here.
There are many other ways of attaching beads but these two techniques will get you through most beading situations.
Now I'm headed back to my beading and basketweaving!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow