- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I think O'jishi needs a border. I wanted to add more of the hot coral reds to the canvas and thought a border would be a great way to do so. Above you see my text stitches. I thought I'd use a padded section of rectangles to echo the background stitch. But it's too red and detracts from the main design.
Next I tried laying long lines of Kreinik metallic to be couched down with a darker metallic to look like faux bamboo. I like it better. The sample stitches are on the left side. Below are two sides done. What do you think?
I haven't quite made up my mind....
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow