Needle in a Haystack covers the various types of frames for needlework that are available in this interesting blog posting. Although the shop sells many types of frames, the owner usually stitches in hand without a frame so this is a generally unbiased report on what you can use. It's also very interesting--I had no idea that there was a wooden "square round" hoop available!
The bottom of the article has recommendations as to what type of frame works for what type of project. This should be very helpful for folks just starting to explore frames or who are venturing into a new type of handwork and want a frame recommendation. Many thanks to Needle in a Haystack for such useful information!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright January 17, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash