As usual Mary Corbet's blog has some great information. This week she mentioned the Antique Pattern Library, which has digitized all sorts of needlework instructions into free PDF files for download. I took a look again and realized they have now added Berlin woolwork charts. Here's the main page, just in case you want to see everything available. Click on Berlin Work to see the designs available. I counted 108 designs, ranging from slippers to pillows to scenes to individual motifs. They range in date from roughly 1850 to around 1910, when the dates can be established.
This is a fabulous resource for the historical needleworker.
By the way, if you don't follow Mary Corbet, you should. Here's her site.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright March 11, 2017 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash