I've been really looking forward to stitching Red Geisha's wig. Geisha wear heavy wigs shaped into traditional styles. This means that more traditional stitched hair treatments like the bullion curls in the little Melissa Shirley mermaid,
or the long flyaway locks mixed with beads of Kelly Clark's Elivira witch,
or the French knot curls of Baby Jesus (Mary has stem stitched hair) are not right for this design.
I've stitched geisha hair before as this older Blog article illustrates.
But this time I want to do something totally different. While I ponder this, you may be interested in this video of wig styling for Kabuki theatre which shows the process.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash