Ruth Schmuff has started her Christmas mystery class for 2016--David Galchuff's "Determining Naughty or Nice."
If you are interested, you can sign up for this class (and attend in person or via mail order) at Ruth's website. This is going to be interesting as this piece has so much detail. Already Ruth has performed her magic on Santa's face.
I'll update this article as Ruth posts progress photos after each lesson.
In the first update, Ruth solves the problem of how to stitch a very detailed mustache without taking forever.
Now Ruth is tackling the shadows on the clothing.
The final touches are beaded snowflakes and wired silk ribbon flowers. (I spy boucle and pompoms, too!)
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright November 14, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash