Monday, September 22, 2008

The Boring Stuff UPDATED


UPDATE: I added a picture to please Pat.

This weekend I worked on the background of the Joan Thomasson wizard and finished it-Hurrah!

But there are still things to do. I have started putting two rows of tent stitch all around the perimeter of the piece to help in finishing. I have also attached the moon and stars charms using the holes in the charms and also sewing down an arm of a star and the tip of the moon to help everything stay in one place. When you have a star shape with a hole at the tip of one arm, the charm will swing as the piece is moved. To keep movement to a minimum, I stitched across another arm with the same two plies of my purple Accentuate I used to attach the charms. It is visible if you squint, but because it is the same purple as the under robe, you don't notice the stitch much.

I also stitched on top of the wizard's glasses with my #4 gold 02 braid. Oddly, #8 braid was too thick but the #4 disappeared against his face until I stitched the glasses and bridge over his nose a second time. I didn't do the half moon of his reading glasses, just the rim, but that was the perfect touch.

I've added the cauldron's handle by couching a length of the same black Petite Very Velvet I used for the rim. Pretty soon I'm going to have to add smoke coming from the cauldron, but more about that next posting!

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

What? No photo?
ducking and running from the shoe!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL

You'll have to use your imagination until I can russle up a photo. But there's really not much to see.

NCPat said...

Wonderful! It is just wonderful! thanks for the photo, you know how I am!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You are right, I should have done a photo. It is getting harder to get one done since it is now dark most mornings before I leave for work and when I get home, it is too crazy to do photos with the dogs needing to be walked and fed, my husband needing dinner, etc.

I will do better, honest!

Jane, with fingers crossed in CH