Sunday, November 16, 2008

While You Weren't Looking...


...I turned the Maggie mini stocking of the cat in a knit cap and coat I finished stitching early last spring into a sock ornament.

The edges are beaded with crystal beads to mimic ice and there are three snowflake charms that hang from the toe. I didn't blog about the finishing as I really didn't have the time to take all the necessary photos and write up my steps since this is a Christmas present that must be delivered Thanksgiving.

WHICH IS IN TWO WEEKS.

[Jane screams and runs around in circles]



Hope you like it. The back fabric is the same satin moire I used to back the wizard standup.

Jane/Chilly Hollow

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

This is sooo cute! I love the ice and the snow flakes!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Pat. It was a lot of fun to stitch. I've always loved this design of the snarky cat. I can't decide if the cat is being made to wear the outfit by its owner, a little girl who likes tea parties and dress up, or if the cat is undercover to catch birds!

Anonymous said...

Love the cat! Great job, as usual!

Anonymous said...

Love the cat! Great job as usual.