Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Companion Piece to Three Women and a Peach UPDATED


I've discovered from reading Judy Harper's blog that Squiggee has a new round Asian piece that is a companion piece to Three Women and a Peach. It is called "Nippon Textures." I assume it is also seven inches in diameter on 18 count canvas but it's not on the Squiggee website yet for me to check.

I love the way the clothing patterns move the eye around this piece. I understand that Anne Strahal will be blog-stitching this. I'll let you know when she starts it so you can watch it unfold as well.

UPDATE: Anne has started stitching! Here's the first posting about this piece on her blog, The Cape Stitcher.
http://thecapestitcher.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-year-new-project.html

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Nippon Textures" is, indeed, 7 inches in diameter on 18 ct. canvas. I'll be starting to blog about it tomorrow.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the information, Anne. We can't wait to see what you do with this new Squiggee!