Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Liz Secret Is Out


If you like original pieces, especially bargello patterns, you need to go visit Liz Morrow's blog. I heard about it from Judy Harper and Judy hit the nail on the head--this is a Must See!

If you subscribe to Needlepoint Now, the latest issue starts an introduction to bargello by Liz using a montage of her pieces on the cover. Here's the latest blog entry, which shows off an original design she created for a friend which is pictured above. (I need to get on Liz's friend list, this is magnificent!)

http://lizartblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/vases.html

The bargello pieces Liz has done are hidden in her photo album. Look on the right side of her blog for the slide show of her work which is titled Liz's Bargello. Click on any photo to see larger photos of everything. The page will change to her photo album. Click on slideshow and remember to close your mouth when it drops open with surprise.

Thanks for the tip, Judy! And special thanks to Liz for sharing your needlepoint.

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jane! I'm so glad you like my work!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I don't just like it, I LOVE it! And I am not that wild about bargello patterns. You have an innate color and pattern sense that makes it all very rhythmic and soothing to my eyes.

Unless of course you are jazzing it up.

I am glad you don't mind my grabbing your photo to illustrate this. I tried and failed to find an email address to ask permission.

Jane, president of the new Liz Morrow Fan Club, Chilly Hollow chapter

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Jane,

I have read the same post that you did and also fell in love with Liz's bargello designs. They are absolutely lovely.

I also have Needlepoint Now, so you bet I will be carefully reading each article that comes along from her.

Contrary to you, I have always loved bargello and have stitched a few pieces that I thought were quite lovely, but I am eager for MORE :-)

I think that bargello is the only technique that I can absolutely loose myself in it. Time flies and I just don't see it. Don't you just love that when it happens to you?

Pierrette =^..^=

LIZ said...

Thanks Jane, gee, I never had a fan club before! lizboatay@hotmail.com

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Well, there are several of us if you read the comments, Liz. Better get used to it!