Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sackboy Knitting Instructions from The Sun


I am not a knitter. No time and no one here to help me over the rough spots, but I am tempted by these instructions to attempt to knit myself a Sackboy. You may remember my Christmas Day ramblings about the video game Little Big Planet which features this little knitted character and the ability to create your own environments. Now the British paper The Sun has provided a link to a PDF file with the instructions by Alan Dart which were originally in the January 2009 issue of Simply Knitting magazine.



So get busy knitting Sackboys (or Sackgirls) for your gamer friends and relatives!


By the way, the darling Sackboy above was knit by I Like Lemons who is currently knitting olives. Here's the blog link.



Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

I can and do knit, only once in awhile. The olive idea is amazing!

tintocktap said...

Ooh he's so cute! Never seen Little Big Planet but might just have to dig out the knotting needles!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Tintocktap, here's a place to see the game in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taiurn541SE

In this clip one Sackboy has a loooong knit cap and another has a feathered Indian headress, while it looks like there is a Sackgirl with a wig and long ponytail. So you see dressing them up in knit clothing does appeal since you can dress them up inside the game.

They really are cute in the game, aren't they?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The amazing part to me about the olives is that I Like Lemons is stitching a jar of them!

The mind boggles....