Sunday, February 8, 2009

Designer's Desk and Fireside Stitchery


I just heard that Designer's Desk has their new website up and running. I now know where I want to live--inside all three floors (with elevator) of their shop!
http://www.designersdeskusa.com/pictures%20of%20shop.html

I'm told they have a huge inventory because when Pat Delp the owner buys, she BUYS, making Designer's Desk a good place to find discontinued canvases and charts. Pat helped me obtain the Susan Portra Christmas lightbulb charts a few years back. Looking at the slide show, I realized just how many items she has you might not find anywhere else. This is a great resource for us stitchers.

The website just opened so a lot of categories are not up yet but five pages of sale canvases are. You will want to look at them. Here's the first page.
http://www.designersdeskusa.com/page1.html

You'll find a Melissa Shirley Wild Woman (Betsy Ross), two half price Joan Thomasson angels, the Birthday Queen (photo above), Southwestern designs, several beautiful Christmas stockings, a medieval sorceress gathering herbs in a basket , all sorts of animals from dogs and cats to dragonflies and dinosaurs to foxes and horses, a lady who Jane Austin would recognize and a sporting gentleman studying hats in a store window for his lady love. Something for everyone, in other words, and at 50% off.

But it is possible nothing will catch your eye. Not to worry! I just got my Fireside Stitchery newsletter and they are loaded with new canvases, trunk shows and sales. If you love fairy tales, look at the marvelous Edie & Ginger canvases. I'm particularly fond of The Princess & the Pea and Sleeping Beauty and.... Well, I love them all! In a totally different style, look at the beautifully detailed Rebecca Wood canvases. I think she does Christmas especially well. Fireside is featuring Leigh Lambert (distributed by DJ Designs) whose sophisticated alphabetical canvses are new to me. If you want your alphabet in smaller form, look at the new illuminated letters decorating the newest magnets from Kelmcscott Designs. All this is available from the home page, and there is more--trunk shows from Julia's and JP Needlepoint, and of course the New In Shop January section to browse for new items that don't fall into larger categories. Lots to enjoy this morning, so pull up a chair, pour a cup or tea or add cream to your coffee. We are going on a shop tour to the Chicago and Philadelphia areas and we'll be busy for a while!
http://www.firesidestitchery.com/FIRESIDE/FSHOME.htm

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

6 comments:

Beth in IL said...

I love the links and looking at the lovely canvases. Thanks for taking us shopping!
Beth in IL

NCPat said...

Do you need a roommate? My gosh, I sat here with the chin on the desk! I cannot even imagine getting to spend three days there just looking!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Wouldn't it be fun? I bet if we begged Pat would let us do a sleepover if groups of shop-deprived stitchers wanted to visit....

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It is my pleasure, Beth. It is a lot of fun looking at the beautiful things and puzzling over just which one is perfect for yourself.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is so great to know about Designer's desk and I love the painted canvas photo you have added.

I will often be checking that site from now on. We just never know what we can find, right? (grinning)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Absolutely! You think I'm a master enabler--just wait'll you meet Pat at Designer's Desk!