Friday, February 27, 2009

Two Enabling Points for Denise


Thanks to Denise at the Stitching Sisters blog, I know that Fireside Stitchery's new website is up and running. Not everything is in place, but there are 55 pages of a virtual trunk show for HP Designs. I am in 7th Heaven!
http://www.firesidestitchery.com/fs/index.cfm

Of course there are many other things to see, including a sale of Rebecca Wood stockings, but I'll let you explore for yourself.

The image above is HP Designs' Art Deco cat on page 7 of the trunk show. I used it because the black and white color scheme are enlivened by two shades of sage green and the cat's yellow eyes, an interesting touch for a monochromatic color scheme. That's one reason I love looking at all the eye candy--when I am searching for color ideas, seeing pieces like this spark ideas. Thanks, Denise!
Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

6 comments:

NCPat said...

That is an interesting piece! All black and white cats remind me of ours!

Robin said...

Elliot likes this canvas too.
Robin

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL Elliott is just being the ladies man-cat he is!

Glad there are so many black and white cats (and cat lovers) in the world. Graphically they make quite an impact and when it comes to real life, nothing is better than a cat.

Jane, with purring cat in her chair and two dogs glaring at me in CH

Denise & Linda said...

Jane, so glad I could enable you once in a while. After all, what's an addiction without an enabler;)

Denise

(as Cara & Mia continue to stroll across the keyboard)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

So true! What would we do without each other? The online world of fellow stitchers makes my life much richer (and my pocketbook much emptier).

Thanks for the tip!

Jane, now staring at the $200+ Lani kimonos with lust in her heart in CH

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

P.S. Pet Cara and Mia for me.