Monday, March 2, 2009

Odette's Rabbit Angel


I got a note and a photo from Odette this weekend. She's working away on her household pet guardian angel, the Georgian Rabbit. I thought (with Odette's permission) you would like to see how it is coming along. This is what Odette told me:

"Thought you would like to see that I have progressed. I was hoping to finish bunny angel this weekend and only have the background to complete but that did not happen.

You can't see the shimmer on the wings - I put a green pearlessence DMC threads over the stitching. I used the same green rayon thread that is in the border for the centre of the 'feathers'. I thought her face turned out quite well. It shows up a bit fluffy.
"

The face looks great! I think Odette told me it is a knitting wool. As she is in South Africa, the threads she has available are a bit different than what I can buy in the United States, which makes this a very special international angel!

Nice job, Odette. I especially love the contrast of her dark gray furry face with the lavender and spring colors of her clothing.

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

This is wonderful! I can see the green on the wings and the skirt and overskirts are gorgeous! Nice work!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I think Odette is doing an outstanding job, too! I want to see this one in person, to feel the texture of the knitting yarn face and see the various threads that are unique to Odette's location.

Odette said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments. One feels isolated and inexperianced as there is not much needlepoint done in South Africa.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Not to worry, Odette. Your fellow needlepointers are living in your computer so all you have to do to join us is log onto the Internet!

Your stitching sister in CH,
Jane