Saturday, June 20, 2009

Byzantine Icon Ornaments Are Done


Here are the Byzantine icon ornaments, all done!

The Blue Angel has a single line of the beads I also used on her halo all around the edge to hide the join.

The Red Madonna's corners--I used the same red beads as on the halos--gave me fits. The painted 13 count canvas was really stiff and the corners didn't quite meet the felt backing in the way I wanted. No problem, add a second line of beads just at the corners.

Beads hide a multitude of sins....

I'm sorry you can't see the gold lame, gold paint, metallics and beads shining on these two pieces. They are little gems in person but don't photograph well.

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

These are lovely! Nice work, Jane! Beads, or another row of trim! LOL

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Trim will work. Actually, you can mix the two for a really glitzy look. Wish I lived nearer the Chaparral shop in Texas or Mindy's Needlepoint Factory, so I could raid their trims and buttons for more fancy looks!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

The finishing is just right on those as you don't want to overdo it with all that lovely gold showing.

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Glad you think the finishing is just right, Pierrette. Sometimes when it comes to beads I don't know when to quit!