Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mom's Perfect Christmas Gift



If there is one thing my mother likes, it is cameo jewelry.  So when I browsed Gay Ann Rogers' e-Week sale to see what charts she is selling this year, I was immediately smitten by the cameo ornaments.
http://www.gayannrogers.com/site_2/Home_Page.html

I don't like doing counted thread pieces much, and it'll have to be done by Thanksgiving as I want to take it to her then, but what the heck--she'll love it.  Thank you, Gay Ann!

Click on the URL above and browse the links (you can skip Mail Jail which is GAR's report on what she has shipped out) to see what's on sale but note, e-Week ends October 22.

Expect to learn lots of swear words as I work up Mom's present and finish it shortly.  And keep quiet--this is a surprise!

P.S.  The image above is from Preston Reuther's website.  You can go drool here.
http://www.cameojewelry.com/

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

6 comments:

Donna said...

Jane, You know I read your titles and try to guess what wisdom the body of the writing is going to impart.

Today my guess was - Your Mom? or any Mom?

Though I love cameos, this isn't the answer for my Mom. So I guess Your Mom was the answer. LOL

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, this is for my mother. Sorry to be ambiguous but those sorts of titles get folks to read the blog entry. I know time is limited so I try to tempt people to look with a good title. When I can think of one!

So you are going to have to find your own present to stitch for your mother this Christmas!

NCPat said...

I love this too, but not for my mom either!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL

I can see I am going to have to be clearer when I write something for Blog.

NCPat said...

No, it was clear to me it was for your mom! I only said not my mom because she does not do much jewelry....too busy painting! LOL

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank goodness, Pat! I was afraid you though I was making this for YOUR mother. LOL

Seriously, each mother has different tastes but NP has something you can stitch for any mother--or father for that matter.