Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Two Door Tardis



Even though I've been posting here about other things, I have been stitching my Tardis ornament each night and have the tent stitched walls finished.  I also replaced the mutins (just long stitches in perle cotton couched with a ply of DMC floss where the horizontal and vertical stitches cross) in the windows.  You'll remember I had to rip out the windows and door panels to get them all sized and positioned correctly.

I started working long stitches over the front left corner but stopped when I ran out of time last night.  I will count (shudder) the threads the free standing right door covers and then count (shudder) the same amount of threads over from the center where the two doors meet and then add horizontal satin stitch on the right side corner today.

After that I will need to work on the roof.  Once I know exactly where and what the roof stitches are, I can continue working horizontal satin stitches up the front corners toward the roof line.

The end is in sight!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

3 comments:

NCPat said...

LOL on the counting! You are doing great!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I think it is shaping up nicely but the roof will be the real challenge. And I'm probably going to add more wire to the door. I think I need four attachment points, not just two.

Anonymous said...

This is coming a long very nicely. Sorry about the counting, but you know it will be worth it. Thanks for the progress reports, can't wait to see the next installment.