My spies report that Elaine Magnin, the San Francisco shop that has been an institution for years and just closed this summer, has reopened under new management and a new name in the same location--3310 Sacramento Street, San Francisco CA 94118. Apparently the phone number is 415/345-8779.
It's now Golden Gate Needlepoint. There's a bit about the shop on this local news site. Look under "Following Up."
I never got anything but the best customer service and terrific prices from Alan when he owned the shop and I expect his former employees will carry on in the same way.
I can't find a website yet but hopefully that will happen soon. If you are in San Francisco, please visit Golden Gate for me and tell the new owners I wish them well. (Many thanks to my local reporter for this good news.)
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Monthly Clubs
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial UPDATED
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash