"Something Old is New Again" should have been the subtitle for this posting from Rachael Kinnison. Rachael does a lot of 17th Century Reproduction stitching, from stumpwork to making wooden caskets and embellishing them. Her work is amazing so I follow her blog, just to see what our stitching ancestors got up to. In this posting, Rachel shows how to add feathers to beads for a totally different effect, based on what can be seen in 17th Century stumpwork.
No, I have no idea just how this was done but I think I can go into Mad Scientist mode and try some experiments. Stay tuned!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 9, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash