The Nimble Needle has written a very retrospective about the designer Barbara Russell and her work. I updated my notice of Barbara's death with the link, but I am doing a separate blog entry here so you can read a bit about Barbara from the perspective of a shop owner and see something of the range of her work.
Once again, here is Barbara's website in case you want to explore further. If you haven't, you should. Her designs are gorgeous and varied. There's something wonderful for every stitching style.
UPDATE: Dianne posted photographs of a set of six custom chair seats designed by Barbara and stitched by Dianne and her mother on Facebook. They are amazing!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 23, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash