BeStitched just mentioned something totally different from Tapestry Fair--Fugglies! What is a Fuggly? It's a cute little round animal canvas, stitched very dimensionally and used at a tote bag charm. Ever wanted your tote to stand out at the local stitching group? A Fuggly is the answer!
They come in a various of types, mostly bird-like in their graphic simplicity. These would be cool all beaded and sequined, done in turkeywork, or simply stitched with fuzzy threads and then brushed to heck and back to make them furry.
It's a cute and different way to use your stitching when you run out of wall and couch space for framed pieces and pillows. Well done, Tapestry Fair!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright October 8, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash