Recently someone on Facebook asked what was a good match for Tiffany's famous blue jewelry box in the Kreinik line of threads. Doug Kreinik to the rescue!
For those who don't "do" Facebook, I'll quote him here--
"TIFFANY BLUE: A stitcher recently asked if there was a Kreinik thread color (to stitch on 18-count canvas) to match the famous Tiffany Blue. Use Kreinik #12 Braid on 18-mesh for perfect coverage (if you prefer lighter coverage, use Fine #8 Braid). For the Tiffany color, we suggest 029 Turquoise or 684 Aquamarine, as it leans toward the teal side. If you want to stay in the blue family, Kreinik color 014 or 3214 would be the closest."
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright August 29, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash