Saturday, August 25, 2018

Queen Mary's Needlepoint Rug

Thanks to David I have a link to an interesting article on Queen Mary's stitching (and a bit about the Duke of Windsor's needlepoint).
https://hands-across-the-sea-samplers.com/the-queen-stitched/

Here's the URL for the black and white video of the huge rug.
http://streaming.britishpathe.com/hls-vod/flash/00000000/00047000/00047404.mp4.m3u8

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 17, 2018 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

needlenut10 said...

This link doesn't seem to work.

lewmew said...

link doesnt work

Deborah Hubbard said...

Jane, I'm so sorry to tell you that the link to Queen Mary's rug is dead, and the site's Search facility didn't work for me, though that might have more to do with me than with it.
And, on an unrelated topic: is there any news about Liz Morrow's health? She and I corresponded when I ordered her Rainbow Horses design, and found that we got on very well. She was most helpful and friendly, and willing to let me add some text to the design, which she needn't have done. It's been a long time since she posted anything, and I'm not a member of Needlepoint Nation so I don't get updates there. I do hope that she is recovering.

All the best from South Africa

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sorry that the link to Queen Mary's rug is broken. I write this article back in June and sometime between then and when the article went live, the article was removed. As for Liz Morrow, she's out of rehab and back home as of this week (8/27/18) and doing much better. She even stitched a little in rehab! So things are improving for her. She's a sweetheart and I told her when she last reported in that you were asking for her, Deborah. As for NP Nation, anyone can visit it whether they have a FB account or not. It's a public site. But generally we don't report on anyone's health there unless they ask or classes are being cancelled (like for Tony Minieri's back surgery). So you didn't miss anything except a heck of a lot of temptation!