Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OT: Retirement

I'm not retiring, but my cousin is, since he's nearly 40.  He rose from life as a professor's son to head off to college financed by the kindness of someone named George Steinbrenner.  I've heard there was a bit of family drama when his grandmother, my acid-tongued aunt, wanted to invite Mr. Steinbrenner to Thanksgiving dinner as a thank-you, but we dodged that bullet and Brad actually had a baseball career of sorts.

Since he has the family gift of gab and is smarter than most of us (and we are all clever in my family), I hope to see him as a successful manager of a baseball club one day despite the obstacles so carefully skirted by his teammates in Houston in this farewell video.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080930&content_id=3575060&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

Maybe he could make a living as a sportscaster in the meantime.  Or teach surfing.

Good luck, cuz!

Main blog and more sarcasm at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

No comments: