Friday, January 2, 2009

Why I'll Never Be a Professional Finisher, Part One


This photo is the back side of Three Women and a Peach, trimmed to about an inch of bare canvas, and turned under over my piece of finishing foam. You can see I've pleated the bare canvas in places as I folded it back, then stitched the pleats to hold them. I started lacing a bit but that will need to wait until I slip the photo album's magnetic flap into the slot cut out of the finishing foam. Once I do that, I'll know how tightly to lace the canvas from top to bottom. I probably won't lace side to side because of the flap. I'll still need to remove the NP from the flap while I attach the back side piece of finishing foam that is covered with my brocade.

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

NCPat said...

Looks like you are making great progress here! I am still in awe of this idea

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It was Madonna's idea. I just got lucky and found a suitable photo album on sale.

Madonna made me do it! LOL