Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Leigh Report (With Black Ice Garnish)


Leigh Designs' e-newsletter just arrived in my email box, just in time to distract me from more snow and particularly ice. See the nice clear driveway? It actually is covered in a thin layer of ice I can't even stand up on. I hate winter!

But Leigh has news of new Sundance bead colors and a little booklet called "Sundance Beads for Needlepoint" which explains the types of beads and stitches to use with them. Small enough to tuck into a pocket and not very expensive, so this is something to look for. It's not on the Sundance webite yet, but you can always browse the many colors and styles of beads and beading wire, not to mention painted canvases.
http://www.sundancedesignsonline.com/

Leigh noticed two other great new projects at the TNNA show--Zephyr 100% Merino wool from Aurora Yarns which Leigh thinks the size and texture of the discontinued Medici and which comes in overdyed and coordinating colors--and Thentix hand conditioner which is
non-greasy and which will not come off on your needlepoint. Thentix has a touch of honey and feels great. If you need a skin conditioner, you may want to try it out.

The links are below for more information. Please note that like Sundance, Aurora Yarns doesn't have anything on their website for their Zephyr wool yet. These are brand new products, just introduced at TNNA. And thanks to Leigh Designs, we know about them, too!

http://www.aurorayarns.net/


http://www.selectmarketing.us/index.php/Thentix.html

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

MNStitcher said...

Where oh where did you sign up for an e-newsletter from Leigh designs? I looked and looked on their website and didn't see anything.

NCPat said...

Your picture is gorgeous, even if it is cold and frozen! The hand cream might be worth checking out!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The photo was taken at 7 a.m. yesterday and I did not color adjust it at all since you can see the light over the mountain ridgeline. Everything did look cold and blue yesterday but it has been in the teens each morning. Winter, in other words!

I did love the snow on the trees and on my plants. The daisies all had high furry hats of snow an inch deep on their heads! Wish I'd gotten a photo of that.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

MNStitcher, you can't sign up for the Leigh newsletter as it is a wholesale only newsletter to the trade. I just got on the mailing list as a courtesy from Leigh. I think she got tired of me begging for news! LOL

Not to worry. Anything that is public you will hear about. I subscribe to any shop or designer newsletter I can find just to blab to you.

Hugs from cold CH!
Jane