Saturday, February 14, 2009

We Have a Finished Fish #2


Yesterday I posted a scan of the Baroque Fish as I thought I was finished with her. But looking at the photo yesterday, I realized our mermaid fish needs a few finishing touches. Study the photo from yesterday, then compare it to today's and you'll see I added a mouth (lazy daisy stitch in one ply of the green Splendor silk right on top of the rose tent stitches that made up her mouth in yesterday's photo), I adjusted the bottom ribbon at her waist so it slanted / like the two parts of the bow above it, and I added silver Millhill beads along the vertical stripes on her bodice.

I like the improvements. Do you?

When you think you've finished a project, it helps to look at it with a critical eye to find missed stitches and see if there are any problems (like the ribbon slanting the wrong way) or areas you can improve (adding beads to Baroque Fish's bodice and giving her an accent on her pouty mouth). I've always found scans or color copies to be an excellent way to look at your pieces with new eyes. I didn't notice these things when I was checking her for missed stitches yesterday but they jumped out at my in the photograph I posted to Blog.

Hope you like the improvements!

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Another fun project. They are all so cute :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Amen! Kandy Merric did a great series of designs. She's promised us two brand new ones to go to the Auction. Can't wait to see them!