Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally We Have a Finished Fish


Here is the Baroque Fish Household Pet Guardian Angel, finished and ready to swim in her watery glory!

I especially love her halo and the beautiful little boxey stitch on her skirt, which like most of the stitches for these angels I've never seen before. Even if you don't want to stitch a pet guardian angel of your own, you can use these unusual stitches, most of them small in scale, elsewhere. I also love the gradual change of her skirt from the Caribbean blue at the bottom to the watery green near her waist.

Thank you, Kandy! This one turned out great. Now I need to turn my attention to finishing this weekend. And yes, I'm going to stitch the Renaissance Rat next.

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

NCPat said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I also like the little fancy stitch on the sleeve, along with the halo, and the skirt and....

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hold your horses! I discovered last night I wasn't done yet....

(But thanks for the compliment! Makes me feel good this morning.)

Anonymous said...

I really like the little square stitch too - it has such movement.
Do you know where I could find a diagram of this stitch or what it's called?

Sharon
shazaclark@yahoo.ca

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sharon, I've never seen this stitch anywhere else. It may be something Kandy Merric made up. In the May 1997 Needle Pointers where it is charted, it is called Scotch variation. It is two sizes of Scotch stitch, essentially.