Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cape Cod Dogs UPDATED


Cape Cod Dogs
They Don't Chase Cars

They Like to Pick Up

Girls in Bars

LOL! My husband lived in and around Boston for many years and loved it. I bought this canvas to stitch for him (he's also a dog lover) yesterday in what was probably my last trip to The Scarlet Thread, which is closing this summer. Sara Leigh the owner had it put aside for me, wicked girl! I am not sure who the distributor is (my best guess is Needlepoint of Back Bay as it has the initials NOBB on it) but the artist is Elizabeth Mumford. She licenses some of her paintings for NP. You can see prints on her website link below. Since I can't find any mention of which canvases are on NP, I can't tell you if any of these other charmers are available to stitch but Cape Cod Dogs is numbered EM-20 so I bet there are more. Just don't know which ones.

UPDATE:  Needlepoint of Back Bay has updated their website with several Elizabeth Mumford designs listed as available.
http://www.needlepointofbackbay.com/product_pages/Elizabeth-Mumford.htm

 Note that the NP version of Cape Cod Dogs doesn't have the big ship in the background window, probably the ferry over to Nantucket or perhaps Martha's Vineyard. My canvas is on 18 count mono and the design is around 8 inches square. There's not much room for the ship, although I might try to add it myself. It's a nice touch.
http://www.elizabethmumford.com/portfolio_open.shtml

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

You're right. Needlepoint of Back Bay is where I found this canvas. I don't recall what else she may have had; I was just captivated by this one.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Me, too! Captivated is the word.

NCPat said...

My gosh, I just saw this post! Wow is what I say....lots of great stitching here! Can you start this soon?? LOL

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hold your horses! I've got to think about this first....

Jane, who has already started her next project in CH