Friday, September 4, 2009

Brenda Hart is Queen of the Universe Today



Remember this list of winners from the 2009 ANG Seminar exhibit in Milwaukee?


Category 5 Painted Design with stitch guide
(Non professional)

1 Vicky Lamers Fiona's Carnevale Mask
2 Evelyn Cavis 
Sweet Dreams
3 Shereen Ikeda Japanese Crane Scroll

HM Evelyn Cavins 
Dirty Boots
HM 
Susan Swan Anemones



I got a note from Brenda Hart this morning that said this,
"Jane, I thought I'd mention that Vicki Lamers, Evelyn Cavins, and Sue Swan all did their pieces in my class.  Vicki is from Tucson, Evelyn is from Santa Barbara, and Sue Swan is from Tucson.  Sue's piece is by Diane O'Leary, Evelyn's Sweet Dreams is by Sandra Gilmore, her Trail Boots (actual name) is by Boots Bailey, and as you know Fiona is by Leigh Designs.  I know I shouldn't be bragging, but I can't help myself."


Brenda, if my students had taken three of the five ribbons in a category at the ANG Seminar exhibit, I'd take out an ad on the front page of the New York Times!  Many congratulations to Brenda Hart and her students.  This is a job well done!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

Love your blog and all that you do. I am hoping you or your readers can help me. I recall that someone did Patt and Lee design of Geisha
Cats and posted it while underway. I just purchased the canvas and wanted to review what they did. Was it you who did this canvas or do you know who you did it?

Many thanks,
Dr. Denise
Lake Villa, Illinois

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Nice to meet you, Dr. Denise! Welcome to Blog.

I remember the gossiping geishas. That is a darling canvas! I think it was Madonna who stitched it. Yes, I was right. Here's the finished canvas.

http://frontrangestitches.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-cute-are-these-girls.html

Once you copy/paste this address and get to this link, click on the Gossiping Geisha keyword phrase under the blog entry. That should pull up everything about this canvas that's on Madonna's blog.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I want to know how I can purchase the Brenda Hart stitch guide and threads that Vicky Lamers used for her winning entry at seminar of Fiona's Mask by Leigh Designs. I really want to stitch that piece. Can you help me figure out how to get the info?

lamitchell8@yahoo.com

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I will forward your request to Brenda. She travels a lot to teach, so it may be a couple of days before she gets back to you. I am not sure if she takes a laptop along with her as she travels. But you should hear back in a week or two.