Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Frosty Pants



I have almost finished beading my SharonG tap pants.  Don't they look nice?  In person the canvas looks as if it is coated in ice.  This technique takes a lot of beads.  See the right leg?  I worked it from the bottom of the leg up to the black spot when the leg bends using one tube of Sundance beads. That is a little less than 2 square inches of 18 count canvas.  I estimate that this small canvas (4 inches high and 5 across at the widest point) will take 4 tubes of Sundance beads.  The bra will take another tube and perhaps a bit more.  All these beads are certainly increasing the weight of the canvas, too.

The scan above shows bare spots but I think the beads were just moved aside by my hand pressing down on the canvas to take as good a scan as possible.  The bare areas weren't there when I looked at the canvas just now.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

ChitownStitcher said...

I have a small Sharon G canvas from Reno-a slot machine face that she suggested doing partially in beads. Seeing this makes me want to do it totally in beads. Am I nuts or what?

I know you were talking about two different ways of attaching the beads-single thread and going through twice, or double thread and going through twice, but the second time going around the beads. Have you done both and do you have a preference?

NCPat said...

This is fantastic! It is amazing the weight this many beads will add!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Nancy, I am not trying the second way of double thread and a loop on the outside of each bead until I get to the bra. I thought it would be easier to tell how it worked if I didn't mix techniques on one canvas.

You may be interested in a third way of attaching beads that Robin King is using on HER SharonG bra and tap pants. Copy/paste this link--

http://needlepointstudyhall.blogspot.com/

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It is amazing. These round clear beads seem heavier than the hex faceted ones. Maybe they are?