Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stars Progress (or Lack Thereof)



The photo shows how little I have done on Tony Minieri's Stars.  I spent a lot of time outlining the canvas, counting, recounting and sorting threads, especially since finding "shades" of black is going to mean going with textures and finishes instead of working with black, charcoal and gray (which I thought about but discarded).  However, the tip to work your sashing as you go to prevent undo wear on it as you work the star squares means I probably will start working the first star before I get much more border and sashing done.

We'll see.  I am running out of beads on the SharonG lingerie project and will have to order more.  That means I'll be picking this design up shortly.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

NCPat said...

This is going to be beautiful....do let us know if you are looking for blacks!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Pat. I think I have all the threads I need and I do have extras in case my first choices don't work. But we'll see. I won't know for sure what works in each star until I get all the threads together for each and try it.