Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eggplant Needed

Ehrman's Kaffe Fasset Vegetable Series

Just got a note from Susan who is looking for a Kaffe Fassett needlepoint kit.  This is an older Ehrman design from the vegetable series shown above.

Susan Needs this Aubergine Kit
Susan loves how the ones she's already stitched turned out so now she wants to stitch the aubergine.  But she can't find this discontinued kit.  Anyone know where it can be found?

Email me at chillyhollow at hot maildot com and I'll put you in touch with Susan.  And if you read Japanese, we found it on the Japanese Erhman site but we can't figure out how to order....

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, thank you for doing this!!!

As I mentioned to you in my note, my husband, a man who fights with the pillows on the sofas and loveseats all the time, wants me to stitch this canvas along with the leek or lettuce as companion pieces to the artichoke and beet!

Susan

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Happy to help out, Susan.

Beth said...

Jane,
I read your blog religiously every day. I love your information about what's going on the industry and your comments and explanations of why you choose a particular fiber for a design. I am a friend of Tony's so it's always nice to see a new color way on any of his designs. I am finishing an Elizabeth Bradley rug (love her designs) and was given the Pug chart, but not the colorway. Do you know how I could find the color way for this design?
Beth

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hey, Beth! Have you seen the Amy Bunger newsletter this month? It's got a photo of his new African piece with more progress. It looks to be 2/3 done now. You'll want to head to AmyBunger.com and look at the Sept. newsletter if you haven't seen the latest progress.

Now, back to your question. The pug chart doesn't have a color key anywhere that says things like symbol X equals red, etc.? What I would do is just head to my favorite shop and pull Appleton wools in the shades listed, then lay them out on a table in the shop and see which seem to harmonize well together. I don't know if Elizabeth Bradley still uses her own wools, but I have an EB color card I could lend you to help you figure out what colors she used to have in her line, then work from there to pick Appleton shades that will work together for the Pug. It's probably easier just to work with your shop to find colors that look good together and work the pug from the chart.

It is also possible that the pug is charted in one of her books. I don't think so but if you want I'll look in the ones I have to be certain. Just email me at chilly hollow at hotmaildotcom and we'll talk about this.