Thursday, September 23, 2010

Remember O'jishi?

O'jishi


Remember the Japanese Noh Theatre mask of the stylized lion I stitched as a model for Leigh Designs last winter?  He's going to St. Charles as a pillow for the Leigh cash and carry show there.  Our wonderful shop owners can visit him there.

O'jishi in Final Form

Of course us regular stitchers won't be there as it is a wholesale show, so Leigh said I could show him off here.  The magnificent finishing is by Marlene's in San Francisco.

I am very proud of how this light coverage piece turned out.  Hope you enjoy seeing the finished version and that you get to see him in person at St. Charles.  Everyone travel there and back safely!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

6 comments:

Donna said...

Wow. The finishing on this piece is amazing.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Marlene's is very expensive but worth every penny since they use the best materials and trims. I recommend a browse through their website occasionally, just to see astounding finishing.

http://www.marlenecustompillows.com/

Anonymous said...

That's a really dramatic piece of finishing - just as well, as the mask itself is pretty overpowering, with that toothy grin!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hey, Rachel! I see Comments worked for you today. More mysteries of the Internet!

Yes, I am not sure I could sleep well with O'jishi in my bedroom. But he's perfectly Japanese and wonderful and I loved every minute of stitching him.

Margaret said...

Let me add my praise also for such a marvelous finished piece. I,for one, never thought it could be stitched at all, but it ended up being a complete triumph. Good for you, Jane.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you, Margaret. I had no idea how to stitch it when I began but gradually I had ideas and the finished piece is fantastic.