Monday, January 17, 2011

Stars and New Canvases

Last night I finished the first step of the trellis pattern that fits between the legs of the central star, and got three-quarters of the way through step two, which adds small tent, reverse tent and large cross stitches on top of the purple trellis.  In the photo only the right side quadrant lacks the black touches.  A third step goes on top of the first two. I hope to finish step two and complete step three today.

In other news, Needlenook of La Jolla has started to add photographs of new canvases from the January 2011 TNNA show to their website. Click on anything that was updated this month, then look at the canvas titles to see the 1/11 new additions.  In most cases there are only 1-2 new designs but hey!  We'll take what eye candy we can get!
http://www.needlenookoflajolla.com/whatsnew/index.html

Speaking of eye candy, I've had a request to see Lani's new Halloween collage piece but it's not on her updated website.  Anyone know where we can see a photograph on a shop website?  For those who are not familiar with Lani's collages, here is her website.  The newest ones are on the home page and older canvases can be seen by clicking Needlepoint and then Collage, but the Halloween one isn't shown either place.  If you know where this can be seen, please let me know.
http://www.lanisneedlepoint.com/

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

9 comments:

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

This is incredibly beautiful, Jane. Thank you so much for sharing it as it comes to life under your fingers!

Robin said...

Hi Jane,
It's good to see the Stars get some action. I totally missed the Lani Halloween collage. Can't wait to see it. I have posted the first wave of new canvases & products from TNNA onto Amy's website. You can check them on the What's New? page. Love those Namaste pouches. Thanks, Robin

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Ooo! Thanks, Robin. It's great to know new things are appearing. Here's the link, folks. Copy/Paste it.

http://www.amybunger.com/whats_new.html

What is so great about the pouches, Robin? Are they the perfect size for tools?

Susan Elliott said...

HI Jane! I love your temple of 1,000 cranes header...wow! I'm just bopping in and then I went on this long tangent of looking up lani's needepoint collages...oh my...they would be deadly to my pocketbook.

NCPat said...

Very nice! And now I have to run off and look at those goodies!

Robin said...

They are perfect for tools because they are 6" x 5". I loved their colors & designs. I was also amazed at their price: $5.00. I had to double check just to make sure it wasn't a typo. Thanks, Robin

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Robin. At 6x5 inches and at such a low price, these little pouches are perfect for a cell phone, credit card and room key for the traveling stitcher. Or they make a great tool case when going somewhere.

I might have to buy three for the nieces and granddaughter, too!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

DM, this is coming to you through the magic of Tony Minieri, who creates beautiful designs, most of which are classes and unavailable to us who can't take the class. But the book for Stars is wonderful to work through. I am very glad I decided to actually stitch this, even though I don't like charted patterns.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hi, Susan. Glad you like Temple of 1000 Cranes. it is a lovely design, isn't it? Stay far far away from Lani's website if you want to save money. Her things are lovely but expensive. Of course if I had to paint those elaborate designs, I'd charge twice as much! Can you imagine the work?!