YouTube has three interesting videos up that you may be interested in. The first video is about copyright theft. The artist who made the video is a painter but the principal still applies to needlepoint designers. After all, Maggie and Melissa Shirley and others license art from painters to put on NP canvas.
If you are curious about copyright and needlepoint design, the best article I've found on the topic is posted on NP Now's website. It was written by two attorneys who specialize in copyright law.
Here is a fascinating 2011 interview with Kaffe Fassett.
And here is a similar 2011 interview with Raymond Honeyman. Both have been posted by Ehrman Tapestry for whom they often design needlepoint.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash