Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Temple For Suzy

The Framed Model
Suzy asked me to post a photo of the finished Temple of 1000 Cranes.  So here they are!

Finished but Unframed
This is a canvas by Leigh Designs, one of her series of eight fantasy pagodas.  This is the first one Leigh designed.
http://www.leighdesigns.com/Grp714x.html

Roof and Trees Closeup
These are big canvases, 11x14 on 18 count, so it is hard to get a good photo but here are some closeups of several areas.  My personal favorite part is the temple itself, particularly the roof.

Rocks and stone steps closeup
The stone steps and rocks turned out particularly well, though.  The design was stitched with light coverage stitches and I didn't stitch the background much at all.  If Leigh hadn't talked me out of it, I would not have stitched the big tree in the background on the right at all but Leigh thought it would look better if it were stitched to match the left big tree.

One Last View of Everything
Hope you enjoyed the show, Suzy!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

10 comments:

palma said...

Beautiful work Jane, the light coverage makes it look like a painting. It is so perfect. You're the best. I even feel like stitching this one. Did you write a stitch guide for it?
Dont forget to post it at Stitcherie

Suzy Lee said...

OMG!!!! Gorgeous! I just knew it would be. Being patient was worth it.

Vicky said...

My goodness Jane, you sure have changed!

It was great seeing your pagoda in person as the pictures don't do it justice! Thank you for sharing all the pictures.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Vicky, guys make some of the best stitchers and as it is Father's Day, I thought I would honor the men among us.

This is a poster from a library promoting diversity. It reads He's Really Into Needlepoint. I just love it!

No, the pictures don't really showcase how beautifully it was painted. Somethings you just have to see in person to appreciate. I'm glad you got to actually see it framed.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, I've written a stitch guide for it. Email me at sgfromchnp@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks for the nice compliments, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Tis is exquisite. I have looked at all the pagodas. I am tempted to add Temple of the Sacred Bells to my stash. However, I am trying to control the urge as I have 2 Nan Hempl stockings in my stash so I do not want to add another large canvas to the stash

Meredith

Anonymous said...

Jane,

This canvas is exquisite. I have looked at all the pagodas. I am tempted by the Temple of the Sacred Bells. However I have two large Christmas stockings in my stash so I am trying to be good

Meredith

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You are better than me, Meredith! Sometimes I just can't resist a canvas.

Anonymous said...

Jane

The Pagoda is stunning and the stitching is perfect. Such a beautiful piece and absolutely breathtaking in person, I bet. I am always a sucker for anything Asian and I have resisted the Pagodas so far but I am weakening. Have to finish the two Geishas from Leigh first...I think.

Sue VanderNoor
Ca

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sue, I can hear your resolve weakening from here!

Bet your geishas are gorgeous. They need a place to live though.

Jane, Master Enabler trying hard in CH