Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tom Turkey Returns

Nancy's Tom Turkey Finished and Framed
Remember the Tom Turkey canvas from last winter?  Nancy kindly volunteered to offer a painted canvas she was uncertain about to be blog stitched here while I was distracted and not stitching much due to my mother's illness.  I made suggestions, she tried out threads, she came up with ideas and stitched.  Tom is now all finished and he is spectacular!

This is a Mary Lake Thompson design from Melissa Shirley.  Nancy's version is worked from the 13 count rectangle.  Tom is framed and ready to appear for the fall holidays.
http://melissashirleydesigns.com/gallery/?cat=91

Nancy worked hard on this piece, coming up with a spectacular additional border treatment on her own.  I mostly just stood around and made suggestions when she got stuck or when she didn't really like how my first suggestion was turning out.  I am so proud of her!

You never know how great a painted canvas will turn out until you settle down and start stitching it.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Goldylox99 said...

Wow, this is great! Nancy did a fabulous job! (Is this the same Nancy that stitched the Halloween House?) I know that you and Nancy worked back and forth on this in your blogs. Does she have a final stitch guide for this that she would be willing to share (or sell)? Absolutely amazing!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, Nancy did both the turkey and the Halloween House. She bravely volunteered to talk about the turkey with me publicly last winter. I'll ask her if she'd be willing to write up her notes but they are probably just a series of emails with suggestions, questions, ideas and possible threads.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Goldy, Nancy has notes about what she did with her Tom Turkey she can type up for you. Email me your email address at chilly hollow at hotmail dotcom and I'll send it on to Nancy and you can talk to her about reimbursing her for postage or something.