Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Hates Me

This morning I finally gave up and removed the header photo on Blog. I accidentally uploaded the wrong photo several days ago but have been unable to remove it. When I try, I lock up my browser. Apparently this is a common complaint. I suspect that it is because I haven't upgraded my system to the latest operating system that just came out. Litlte things have been happening ever since the new browser for the new operating system became available. I did download that, and am paying for it in little quirks and now bigger problems.  There's been a patch that tries to fix the browser freezes and it has helped but has not solved all the problems.  Probably Blogger did something this week that is compatible with the new browser but not with the old ones.

UPDATE: Got the correct photo to load in the header by deleting the old photo, saving the header without any photo, then going back and uploading the photo I wanted to use in the header.  WHEW!

I've also just learned that the slide show program I use (slide.com) will disappear, taking my slide shows with it, next March.  So I am now in the market for a new slide show program.  Several blogs I follow use Smilebox but I have to download a program to run that, which I am loathe to do.  Any suggestions?

I also am unable to download a new version of Firefox.  I don't usually run Firefox but I wanted to update the old version I have in reserve for websites that simply won't work with Safari.  So I deleted the old Firefox in preparation for downloading the new one but the new Firefox won't install.

I am not a happy camper.  I think I'll go stab my current canvas with a needle about a million times and see if I feel better!

[Jane stomps off, muttering "stupid computer" as she goes....]

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Leigh said...

I second everything you just said!!

Anonymous said...

I know your pain...my computer can give me great joy or frustrate me beyond belief...Hope you have a good week-end and be kind to the canvas...we will be watching.

~Judy/CCR said...

& your Canvas of the Day says, "Peace". Just a little ironic. I feel your pain, and I'm so glad you stick it out for our benefit. Thank you!

Margaret said...

I am actually glad to hear all that. As an old lady, I am always trying to make something work on this new fangled contraption. It gives me hope that the pros have troubles too.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Margaret, everyone has trouble with their computer hardware and software--EVERYONE.

You should hear the swear words as my Beloved (a longtime computer professional) tries to make his PC work.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I chose that Canvas of the Day specifically, Judy. Irony isn't totally dead in CH. Often the meaning is person just to me but I like to choose canvases that reflect what's going on in the world or that are a series of similar designs. One of the little games I play to amuse myself....

NCPat said...

Blog hates us all on some days....it won't let people see all the new stuff on the destashing blog either! Crap!