Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When I Win the Lottery....

When I win the lottery, I'll buy_________________

well, you fill in the blank. Would you buy every color of your favorite thread? Would you fly off to take a that expensive class you've always dreamed of? Would you attend Seminar for the first time? Would you buy that large set of canvases and the threads for them tht you've been lusting after for years?  Would you hire your favorite designer to create a one of a kind piece for your home?  Would you hire that needlepoint genius to tutor you in the privacy of your vacation home in the Bahamas?


Your dreams of needlepoint excess are your own, but Janet Perry points out not being able to buy anything we wish actually pushes us to be more creative.
http://www.nuts-about-needlepoint.com/the-politics-of-scarcity

So maybe I won't buy a lottery ticket this weekend after all!


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

Funny you mention this, Jane. I've had customers come in and say they'd want to buy their own needlepoint shop. They have been shocked that my remark was, that if I win the lottery I will sell my needlepoint shop and first sail around the world and 2nd, do some fun stitching for myself.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL Mary Agnes, folks don't remember how long you have been in the business. Of course you'd like to shed all responsibilities and take off on a loooong cruise.

It all depends on which side of the counter you are on, I guess. A shop would be great fun for most of us to try but it is also a ton of work.