Tuesday, August 27, 2013


I'd never heard of Fray Block until the ANG email list--that font of needlepoint knowledge--mentioned it to a stitcher looking for help with a thread that frayed as it was being stitched.   I have a bottle of Fray Check that I dab on the ends of my threads occasionally, but Fray Block is different apparently.  What's the difference?

Fray Check comes in a bottle.  It is a plastic that dries clear.  

Fray Block comes in a tube.  It is a plastic that dries clear and apparently is more flexible than Fray Check.

Here is more information about Fray Block, including what to do if it is old.

People also use clear fingernail polish for the same thing.  At Joann's Fray Block is cheaper.  That may be because the tube holds less than the Fray Check bottle.  It looks like which you use is personal preference. If you have experience using both Fray Check and Fray Block, do let us know what you think in the comments or email me at chilly hollow at hot maildot com and I'll post for you.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
@ Copyright 2013 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment