Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Woodlawn Exhibit Begins

Woodlawn Plantation

Woodlawn Plantation's annual March exhibit of needlework starts today!  This is the 52nd annual show.  Pretty amazing, huh?  The exhibit is not open on Tuesdays and admission (this is a fund-raiser for Woodlawn Plantation) is $12 for adults.  Hours are from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.  You can read more about the exhibit here.
http://www.woodlawnpopeleighey.org/events

Hope to see you there if the weather cooperates on the few days in March I'm free to travel that far....

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright February 22, 2015 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Anne Bloom said...

I am going for the first time this year!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Oh, boy! Have fun! Don't forget to stop at In Stitches, which is less than a half mile away. Turn left when you exit Woodlawn, and turn right at the (I think) third traffic light. You'll see McDonald's. The tiny brick strip mall (very classy!) is to the right of McDonald's once you make the turn.

Anne Bloom said...

Will do!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to call today to find out how my entries fared, but I see the show is closed because of the weather, and they are closed on Tuesday as well. Now I have to wait until Wednesday to find out. Should have made the call yesterday...Dang!

Carol S.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

We all have our fingers crossed for you, Carol. I don't know how bad the roads were this morning in the Mt. Vernon area (I'm a good two hours away and on the other side of a mountain to boot) but it was very nasty here with ice all over. The weather is going to be nasty Tuesday-Thursday as well with rain/snow/sleet/freezing rain and a cold day/hot day/cold day cycle. I hope they are open long enough for you to find out you won plenty of ribbons!